Looking for a Dictaphone...

Discuss your Audiography hardware here
amitraj1177

Looking for a Dictaphone...

Post by amitraj1177 »

Hello people
i am looking to buy a good dictaphone to use for research purpose. i've been checking them out on the net but due to my limited knowledge have not been able to find any good ones, i found a Sony and a Philips with microcassettes but was wondering do they come with a memory card and all. I'm looking for one which is small and the data can be transferred to a computer without much hassle.
please help
Amit
Paramvir Singh

Re: Looking for a Dictaphone...

Post by Paramvir Singh »

HI AMIT!! I will leave the pro advice to the audio pros, but depending on your requirements/quality needs, you could double up an iPhone/iPod as a voice recorder.

VoiceNotes
(or VNotes as it is named on the dashboard after install) is a free and very simple application that allows you to use your iPhone like a dictaphone with no limit as to how long your recording can be. We found it nice and simple to use and it does exactly what it says on the tin. The conversations we recorded were nice and clear although a little on the quiet side.
Belkin has a few products that can be used on the original iPod 120GB.

Universal Mic Adapter for iPod® F8E478
Record memos, lectures, interviews, or conversations--this unit connects to your iPod and any audio microphone that has a 3.5mm plug.

there are more such apps for iPod, if interested, let me know.
Saihmee Dara Singh

Post by Saihmee Dara Singh »

Hi amit,
Nowadays no point in buying a micro-cassette based dictaphone...unnecessary hassle of buying cassettes...i think philips GO GEAR(specially SA1335) series has some nice flash based recorders which is hassle-free pure copy paste stuff also has radio,mp3 player and more importantly it also records in .wav.....1gb version is nicely priced somewhere around 2.5k which i think is decent enough..its easily available at all stores Chroma(juhu) has them for sure...good after sales support...Cheers....
Attachments
philips-gogear-sa1335.jpg
philips-gogear-sa1335.jpg (8.05 KiB) Viewed 5694 times
amitraj1177

Post by amitraj1177 »

thanks Dara will definitely check it out...
Nikhil Mulay

Post by Nikhil Mulay »

And if you really need a traditional dictaphone.... Nipa has one that works great. She just bought one of the go-gear's to replace it!! ;) Both of them do a great job...