SEN-SIBLE CINEMA

USe this board for general discussions of any type. Its like the chai and talk at the canteen
Saihmee Dara Singh

SEN-SIBLE CINEMA

Post by Saihmee Dara Singh »

What is sensible cinema ?....
cinema which caters to our sensibilities,is it about the directors sensibilities or which has a valid logical reasoning for whatever is going on-screen...i believe we are in the most pathetic times in cinema and that has nothing to do with recession or terrorism...people just watch whats being served to them by these sensible cinema film makers.horrible music(by one and all ),horrendous scripts,weird actors and actresses and much more....One positive thing amidst all this chaos is, more and more people are getting work beacause of movies (Software :-) ) being churned out left right centre,surround...
I sincerely believe so called art house cinema from the 70s and 80s at-least made some sense,in terms of the dark realities,history,the times they were in,people etc..
what are we getting in the name of sensible cinema now ,,,BULL SHIT.and i dont want to compare our cinema with the west cos i dont know about their sense but i know for sure they have different sensibilities... also i have realised or rather met this new breed of cinema makers and lovers which thrives and takes pride in making fun of Indian Cinema and its song and star culture.Making fun is no big deal guys,that is where i have a problem with these kind of film makers,their approach towards mainstream.
Look at the south indian film industry , their cinema still remains the same with all the music, baddies ,tree dances,fights...and its going great guns without sensible cinema film makers apart from very few oldies who have stood the test of times....cheers to south..
Villians,Songs have been one of our cinematic identities and thou shall never vanish.
Also lets not forget the fact that if there are or would have been no stars there would have been no cinema forget sensible cinema.. In india a majority of indian cine-goers throng cinemas to watch their demi-gods and not a sensible hero.(i disagree on this 1 but its a fact we have to accept)
To me the success of Ghajini proved once again mainstream Cinema will and always survive ,with all its pride and glory ...
and yes, ITS RECESSION TIME FOR SENSIBLE CINEMA.....LOL

HAIL MOGAMBO
vikchav

Re: SEN-SIBLE CINEMA

Post by vikchav »

I second u on that dara…I’d just like to add that this low-budget approach to filmmaking (which is the only way there is to make ‘sen-sible’ cinema) doesn’t only reflect on the production values of these so called ‘sen-sible’ filmmakers (which isn’t a bad thing at all) but it has started reflecting in their writing as well (which is definitely a bad news!). As for GHAJINI, refer to my post http://vikchav.wordpress.com/2009/01/16 ... %e2%80%99/ …it’s surely a triumph…

…MOGAMBO KHUSH HUA!
"Movie is color, film is black and white, and cinema is with subtitles."
Mandar

Post by Mandar »

completely agreed dara....no denying the facts even if you or or anybody denies..it ...
but see we have been talkin abt this thing abt SEN-SIBLE cinema for ages now....whats the solution??????
now is the time where we shud find solution and act on it as fast and soon as possible...isnt it???
for last 3 to 4years anybody with script and VERY GOOD CONTACTS has made a film.
so why not our own people....i think in all if everybody(directors) take that extra special effort i think they will make that cut...
it will be good for us as a technicians as well....at least the basic knowledge is there abt film makin ..i dont have to explain each and everything...
its our own people who can get us out of this situation. i think theres a nice correction happenin in industry right now..anybody and everybody cant make a film (i suppose). people with good script and knoledge of film making will have an edge if we project ourselvs like that...somebody has to take an initiative and go for it..he/she will have to TRUST the people who are standing with them. we as a learned people shud make that extra effort to make things happen for us rather than waiting for things to happen for us?
what say???????? 8)
Saihmee Dara Singh

It reiterates what i had put up couple of years back...that south indian cinema never lost the so called indian cinema essence and it has survived without any pretentiousness unlike bombay film industry with a bunch of so called learned flm makers who have no idea what they are upto....Wanted,Dabanng,Singham all Super hits and upcoming film Force all south indian films remake(not dabangg though)...Also RA ONE trailer has traces of Robot starring Rajnikanth...Jaago film makers jaago O0 Dhinka chika dhinka chika he he he he
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

Dara, its time you made a film :)
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

one classic film, shot in Darjeeling with RD Burman inspired melodies. An all round family entertainer :) we really need one now.
Saihmee Dara Singh

Sure Param ;) And then they lived happily ever after.....समाप्त .......Samaapt
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

arre Kuch nai hota!

I seriously feel we need to get far more proactive about making our films. we are unable because we are not sure of our scripts. isnt it?
Saihmee Dara Singh

Param its not about being confident about the script...its about the approach that is taken...i think this is a very healthy atmosphere for one and all from the Sin-gham's to the Bubble-Gums to make their kind of cinema...Its just that one has to be serious and pro-active about striving to make their kind of films...for me bottom line is a majority of us (rather FTII'IANS) are plain Lazy...we have talent in abundance just that one has to get out of their cocoons and not get stuck in a time warp... ::)
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

thats what. most of us have three or more script ideas and keep wondering 'kis ko banaaon'?

while what it takes is to go out and hustle your way into finding a producer.