Help needed

All your feedback goes here. Discuss what you would want in the site and debate what you wouldn't...
Aravindan.G.P.

Help needed

Post by Aravindan.G.P. »

Hi Param,
I wanted to post a reply to any of the threads. But, all my tables are getting jumbled up when I submit...how to clearly present them? Thanks a lot...
Paramvir Singh

Re: Help needed

Post by Paramvir Singh »

hi aravindan. are you trying to post HTML tables? HTML has been disabled because it can lead to security breaches. One solutuon ois to create a PDF of your table, upload it to scribd.com and embed the scrib document here.
Aravindan.G.P.

Post by Aravindan.G.P. »

Hi Param,
I had tried to paste a Microsoft Word Document with a table. I had not tried to convert it into HTML file. I had now pasted embedded the Word document. It is there as "Hi Nikhil.doc" in the Variable Shutter and Flicker thread under cinematography. It opens as a word document without any problem. I had done as per your instructions.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/34308024

This is the URL. Is this how I can do it? or is there another way to display the tables on the reply as such. Thanks a lot.
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

hi aravindan. will try and figure out a way to embed tables, but for now, its scribd, I am afraid :(

HOW TO EMBED SCRIBD DOCUMENTS:

1) on the right hand side of the document in scribd.com, find the embed code

2) Find the following code (after src=)

Code: Select all

http://d1.scribdassets.com/ScribdViewer.swf?document_id=34308024&access_key=key-2c19tymadp9xngke80ix&page=1&viewMode=list
3) Paste it in the forum dialogue box and select the code + click 'scribd' button