Runn + 3 bonus reviews!!!

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

Runn + 3 bonus reviews!!!

Post by bakulmatiyani »

Runn:

RGV on the brink of becoming a complete waste of time effort and money has somewhat managed to salvage his position (for the time being).

The film tries to become a depiction of the times we live in and how all information (read news) is controlled by a few who use it to no end for their own profit always misleading the public and in these times there still exists one news channel that is the shinning light and beacon of hope for the society’s one last hope of untainted journalism, yea right. But ok, if this the premise that is served up to me in first 15 mins I am willing to pick it up and run with it just to figure out where it takes me. Surprisingly I was not disappointed by much I came out of the hall feeling lighter and when I thought about it, it was because at some point of time and at some level all of us feel and know what is being said in the film is true. And at some level it voices the frustration of each and every one of us. The depiction of the media as the perpetual villain always doing more bad than good is to put it mildly a slightly skewed rendition of the truth but like the saying goes “there are always three sides to the truth, yours, mine and the truth” and the truth about this one is that (I might get a lot of flak for this but here goes) I’d rather watch this film than other films this week (read Ishqiyan). I’m not saying it’s a great film but definitely a watchable one, yes there are bad parts namely the overbearing use of background score which makes the film seem more of a music video with a lot of angst. But at the end of the day besides the loud music, shaky to the point of causing dizziness camerawork somewhere there is a film that did manage to hold my interest.

Tech Specs: they don’t matter; give it a watch for the lack of better options.

Bonus Reviews:

Law Abiding citizen:

Starting with the least worst. This is the only one of the new releases that one can go into and not feel like hurling a stone at the kind of nonsense Hollywood hurls our way this weekend. Gerard Butler is passable and so is Jamie Fox. The point the film is centered around gets lost in the many number of murders that keep happening every 13 and a half minutes.

Watch it only if you are a hardcore Butler or Fox fan.

Armoured:

This is film is hollywood’s answer to our very own films like musafir, plan, and even kaante to an extent. It’s bad, really bad and then it gets worse. All actors are wasted; it’s a story that does not go anywhere. You know there is a robbery that is going to happen but it refuses to begin. The film takes too long to get off the starting block and then ends too soon as if the producer ran out of money and decided to wrap up the film.

Don’t watch this film even if you are a hardcore fan of any or even all the actors.

Couples Retreat:

If you are the kind of audience who can dig a ditch and burry all expectations that you had before going into the theatre then welcome to this fiasco that AR Rahman has chosen as his first mainstream Hollywood film. The film tries desperately to be funny and well manages to succeed at times but fails miserably at others. The second half of the film is extremely dismal and boring. Watch it on a Vodafone Tuesday on a morning show and even then walk out after the first hour.
Pooja Sharma

Re: Runn + 3 bonus reviews!!!

Post by Pooja Sharma »

Really Bakul, U'd rate Rann over Ishqiyan?
Haven't seen either yet... wanted to see Ishqiyan, after all there was such buzz around it, but been kinda put off by everyone's reviews... Ur other reviews are hilarious! :)

PS Exactly how much a week do you spend on watching films? Do you get a frequent watcher discount or something?
bakulmatiyani

Post by bakulmatiyani »

I end up spending about 300-700 a week, and no i don't get a discount card... yet. And the flack begins... yes i was more involved while watching runn than i was in ishqiyan, it's sad but its true.
bakulmatiyani

Post by bakulmatiyani »

considering i dont smoke or drink so i think i'm entitled to this one vice and its not such a bad vice afterall ;D
meghna

Post by meghna »

RGV's Runn.... Bhago Run Run for your life... bakul I DISAGREE with u completely.
It was unfortunate for me to see this.. waste of my time n money... for a 5 min monologue by mr. bachchan
background sucks... Camera work irritating... rest not worth mentioning... Eeeeew

I didnt like Ishqiya much but definetly better than this... Phew.. wht choices we r left with these days... :(