RADIO; what all I see so can warn others ;)

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

RADIO; what all I see so can warn others ;)

Post by bakulmatiyani »

Radio

Ever heard the expression it’s so bad it’s good and wondered what it meant? This film is the much-awaited answer to that question.

However on a serious note this film should come with a statutory warning “watching alone may cause brain hemorrhage and watching with many may cause hysteria and mass suicides”.

On a rather grim note the release of this film has in various faction further propagated the theory of 2012 and the mayan calendar and this film is being looked at as the first step towards the end of the world.

Over the past week I have been seeing and to much dismay reading the full page adds of this film in many “respected” newspapers. The adds comprised of what would seem like (I’m choking on the word) “praise” for the film so I thought that the best way to actually write a review for this being faced by mankind would be to simply try and figure out what these esteemed critics have had to say about this film. So here goes nothing;

1.“Target audience film achieves it’s target, Himesh emerges as an actor” – Unknown
If had made a comment as vague as this one even I would like to remain unknown.
Now what does the first part of this sentence even mean is beyond me, “target audience film achieves its targets”. Now what the target was in the first place is known only to god, Himesh and the director of the film (maybe not even him). Then “Himesh emerges as an actor” really “emerges”… somehow I got a rather sinking feeling in the hall.

2. “Himesh as Vivan does seem to have found a better groove. This new clean and casual avatar of his does seem to work.” – Nikhat Kazmi
A better groove… hmmm… casual avatar of his does seem to work. Ok I think and this is just me, that if it would have come anything close to “working” there would be more 15 people in the hall on a Thursday night 8’o clock show.

3. “There is a comfortable small town air about Himesh refreshing in these slick cool dude days” – Minty Tejpal
It seems more like a case of comfortable small town flatulence(also known as breaking wind and farting), yes I think that’s the word Minty was going for and decided to consult the thesaurus at the last moment. I think Minty is just a very polite guy and can’t say bad things about anyone.

4. “As Vivan Himesh EXCELS in the light comic scenes, he has a FLAIR for comedy which needs to be developed” – Tushar Joshi
What he really meant:
“As Vivan, Himesh is the least worst in the light comic scenes, when he screams his voice sounds really funny which needs to be developed for people with hearing disorders”

5. “Himesh has grown as an actor and that reflects in certain difficult moments in the film” – Taran Adarsh
What he meant:
Yes Himesh has cut his hair/ wig/ hair extensions and even tried to smile in this film so the audience thinks that he is indeed human and this in turn has made the film very difficult to sit through.

6. “Himesh is confident & not at all camera conscious, he makes statement, that he isn’t going away anywhere” - Joginder Tuteja
This is the best:
Himesh is confidently making a fool of himself in front of the camera, the sad part is that we can’t even send him away anywhere because he has the money to produce and/or buy tickets to his own films.

7. “Himesh proves that he is a very competent actor” – Amod Mehra
What he meant:
Himesh proves that he is a very constipated actor

8. “Himesh grows three fold! Better singer, Actor & a fantastic composer” – Jeeturaj
A couple of more folds and we could have made a rocket out of him and attempted to launch him into outer space with all the other stars where he really belongs. Better singer, actor and composer… ok if you say so.

9. “Entire cost of RADIO recovered from Music, Satellite rights & video rights. All theatrical collections would be a profit” – Vikas Mohan
What it really means:
This film is not a very expensive film and now we are looking forward to idiots such as yourself to go to the theatres so we can rip you off for more money.

Tech Specs (I can’t believe I’m doing this):
Multiple soft focus shots i.e. bad focus puller, the film looks more like a two hour music video of Himesh with even the same story of loosing one woman and resisting the other one for some strange reason.
The only upside to the film is that it’s only about two hours long. So my advise is that you may suffer at your own risk. ???