Darr a.k.a Fear of the unknown

USe this board for general discussions of any type. Its like the chai and talk at the canteen
Saihmee Dara Singh

Darr a.k.a Fear of the unknown

Post by Saihmee Dara Singh »

It's a very interesting thing, inspite of so many views people react so less on a exclusive public forum like this...unlike the west , where people react to or share blatantly what they feel like...

whats the reason here in india? inspite of being the worlds largest film producing country we don't have a single internet source wherein we can address our queries to ...

Sadly we so called learned ftii'ians are also sceptical about writing down our work experiences or even plainly reacting to what we feel like genuinely ...

is it insecurity ? or being plain afraid ke yaar agar kuch ulta seedha likh diya toh mujhe kaam kaun dega...Darr A.K.A fear of the unknown :D
Paramvir Singh

Re: Darr a.k.a Fear of the unknown

Post by Paramvir Singh »

Good point Dara. I think we are all too scared to commit to an honest opinion in public, lest it be tormn to shreds by other people.

I was at Avitel today and an editor asked me if I had seen Guzarish. I said no, but asked him what he thought of it. He was scared to offer an honest, committed opinion. He said 'uhh... its kind of interesting... i kind of liked it...'

then I probed and probed and challenged him to admit an honest opinion and he said he 'loved it'.

thats who we are. scared to admit what we like. and it shows in our films.

(we means everybody and doesnt limit to FTII People alone)
vikchav

Post by vikchav »

blessed were those who were fearless...not the victims of darr a.k.a. fear of the unknown...reflects in the cinema of india in 80's and 90's...ppl with conviction...madness and no pretensions...that spirit is slowly coming back...has to come back...till then...'darna zaroori hai' ;)
"Movie is color, film is black and white, and cinema is with subtitles."
Saihmee Dara Singh

120 views and one reply :-) .......and param the WE was very specific cos we are a so called film literate bunch ,if we cant express our opinions or share our work experiences or at least pen our views ...not to blame others at all..i feel....

and vikram yes DARAN ZAROORI HAI ...... >:D
Mandar

Post by Mandar »

DAR KE AAGE JEET HAI... ;)
Saihmee Dara Singh

Mandy dint realise this ...really amazing philosophy ;)

Param u gotta have mountain dew for all if u want contributions on this forum O0
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

Saihmee Dara Singh wrote:Mandy dint realise this ...really amazing philosophy ;)

Param u gotta have mountain dew for all if u want contributions on this forum O0

Cheeta Bhi Peeta Hai? ;)