Pyaar ka PUNCH-naama

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

Pyaar ka PUNCH-naama

Post by bakulmatiyani »

PYAAR KA PUNCHNAAMA:

Maare bhi na chain se jaalim, mare bhga bhga ke >:D

Sweet revenge was the first thought in my mind when I saw the promos of PKP. Revenge on and against all the women who took me to watch sappy chick flicks and yet made a face when I wanted to watch an action, thriller or horror film. Girls this is payback for the last two decades. So in the spirit of revenge all u girls I have seen movies with pls go and watch this one.

PKP starts off as peek into the lives of three roommates and their daily endeavors, be it frustrations @ wrk, getting drunk after wrk, hitting on any and almost every women or simply sex or the lack of it thereof. Though the guys are modeled on stereotypes every guy in the audience would identify with some or the other trait and situation these guys find themselves in. The three guys are real people and their house looks like a typical guy’s house, with one of them always walking about in his underwear, expletives being hurled around more than regular words in a sentence (which are now reduced to annoying beeps). I can’t understand who is the censor board trying to protect from abusive language when this how every1 in the real world talks, eventually leading me to the conclusion that censor board mein bhen-ke-laude chutiye bhare pade hain; case in point: bhag DK BOSE bhag ;) has 2 and a half lakh views in 4 days, the censor guys really think every1 wants to hear abt DK BOSE running in an andhi ROLF.

PKP succeeds in finding humor in day to day situations that we all deal with and that’s where the film scores. There is no nuclear device to dismantle, no hostage situation, no brother dying of cancer, no poverty stricken parents trying to marry off a daughter. The film does not attempt to change the world and make it a better place, instead pokes fun and laughs @ the kind of world we all live in and what all we are willing to do for simple slice of happiness (read sex). After a long time I saw almost everyone in the audience turning to each other and pointing and laughing it quite an experience, claps and whistles emanating from different parts of the hall as some1 or the other found something they identified with.

Though there were parts of the film that seemed too long and a bit of a drag but in the overall scheme of things it all seemed to be forgiven by the audience. One thing however stuck out like a sore thumb was the extremely banal, outrageously pointless and pathetic item number that happens in goa. It merely seemed like an opportunity for the female actors to put themselves on display. What beats me all ends up is why in a small budget film such as this would one go and include a song that looks like a 30% of the entire films budget and I’m not trying to make the production value of the film look lesser than what it is.
Another interesting aspect of the film was that there was no obvious attempt to solve the problems in everyone’s lives. The film starts out funny sucks u in, problems develop and escalate to a peak and everything collapses, there is no happy ending; yet people walk out of the hall with a smile on their faces.

PROS:
All three guys shine in some scene or the other but only one of the girls leaves an impression watch the film to find out which one. The writing and the dialogues are the hero of the film and the actors have done quite well to step up and deliver with panache and gusto. It’s the frustration of the daily grind that the actors have portrayed really well. The writing is above average throughout, good in most parts but always entertaining 
CONS:
Seems too long at times and the really bad goa song, get rid of it guys u save 5 mins straight.
In conclusion I wish this film does well because I’m considering a second watch. The word of mouth is really good on the film :D

PS – I hate the censor board for all the bloody beeps.