Some Must Have FCP X Plugins

Discuss the Editing Hardware and Software here
Paramvir Singh

Some Must Have FCP X Plugins

Post by Paramvir Singh »

We love FCP X. Like most people, we had initially been taken aback by this bold release from Apple, but as we use it more and more, we are loving it.

Here are some fabulous plugins that will add more features to your FCPX

SliceX : SliceX lets you create instant Shape Masks to cut out layers or isolate effects directly in Final Cut Pro X without having to go into Motion or create the masks with an external program. SliceX includes nine motion templates for common tasks and you can also use the Shape Masks with built in effects, the built in color corrector or with third party plugins.

XMiL: EDL-X makes CMX 3600-compliant Edit Decision Lists based on XMLs exported from Apple Final Cut Pro X. This helps integrating Final Cut Pro X with many industry-standart post production workflows.

Luca VFX Plugins: These are amazing plugins for FCPx that includes cool tools like simulated light leaks etc.

X Effects 3D: XEffects 3D Transitions are 24 effects for Final Cut Pro X all built in 3D space with camera moves, variable focal lengths, shallow depth of field, lighting and reflections.

SlidePop: Slide Pop is a pack of 20 customizable Final Cut Pro X effects and transitions pack inspired by the sweet vintage View-Masters of our childhood.

FX Factory:Has some cool effects plug ins.

Loudness Change: Why do you want this? Using this tool, it's very easy to make a mix that broadcasters will accept. Just mix to your ears, and let this thing analyze / render to a new file. You end up with a mix with the volume set to the desired LUFS. In the unlucky case there are errors found, you'll get a detailed list what error occurs where.
Nav

Re: Some Must Have FCP X Plugins

Post by Nav »

Hey Param-That's a real cool piece of info. SliceX and loudness change are definitely plug ins I would love to use..Also wanted to ask, for editors like me who also do docus- is there a plug in for cleaning audio? I know adobe premier has some really good ones which pick out certain frequencies of background noise and lower them, but what about FCP? Do let me know...
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Some Must Have FCP X Plugins

Post by admin »

Sure, Nav.

A Beginner's Guide to Final Cut Pro's Audio Filters

Final Cut Pro 4 Audio Essentials

In FCS7 you can also use the Apply Normalization Gain command on a selected clip. It will go through your clip and set the audio level as high as possible without clipping. It's in the Modify > Audio menu. For best results, take your audio into Soundtrack Pro or a similar application.