Ftii strike

Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board.
darasingh

Ftii strike

Post by darasingh »

Not a single post on the strike in ftii . Sad .
101 days of students struggle for the institute .
I hope the government also listens to the students MANN KI BAAT.
Hats off to the students .
Least I could do is write them my support .
Keep rocking .
Cheers.
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Ftii strike

Post by admin »

You are right Dara. We need to talk about it.
darasingh

Post by darasingh »

Ministry has said no talks possible untill students withdraw strike without any pre-conditions . Todays times of india

Dialogue only after FTII students call off strike: Centre
Pune
TNN

The ministry of information and broadcasting (I&B) joint secretary K Sanjay Murthy wrote to the agitating students of the Film and Television Institute of India (FTII) on Tuesday asking them to call off the strike for a dialogue to take place.
In his letter, he said that “it is desirable if students resume the academic activities“ before the meeting (between the ministry and students) takes place. The ministry has also asked students to suggest a date for the meeting.
Students have replied saying the ministry should act immediately and organize a meeting at the earliest. “We have replied to the letter stating that only the government can help us call off the strike by resolving the issues. We have urged the ministry to meet us at the FTII campus on Wednesday to resolve the issue, given that the hunger strike is going on with one student sitting on the fast for 13 days now,“ said Harishankar Nachimuthu, president of FTII students' association.
Last week, Murthysent a letter to striking students making a fresh offer to talk to them but “without any preconditions“. FTII students have been on strike against the “political appointments“ on the FTII Society for the last 103 days.

darasingh

Post by darasingh »

Sadly talks have failed again today