Make a feature film. NOW!

Discuss everything related to the art and craft of Film Direction
Vikram Srivastava

Make a feature film. NOW!

Post by Vikram Srivastava »

Having been around for almost a couple of years now, there are some stark realities that I have come across.
I met up with a whole lot of people with a concept that I have and thought it would make a good film.
Here’s what came out of those meetings and the information I gathered.
• If you have a film that is going to cost anything under 2 crores, then there are a lot of people willing to put in that kind of money.
• The only catch is that you need to have a saleable star. (In two crores you obviously are not going to get a Hritik, but a KK, Ranvir or Kunal Khemu should be fine!)
• The bigger the star you are able to convince, the bigger the budget you can get!
• The quickest way to get a financier/ producer interested is to have a script that’s either a thriller or a comedy.
• If you are an FTIIian then you shall be spared the embarrassment of presenting something mindless but the names that shall be thrown to you will be ‘Khosla ka Ghosla’, Bheja Fry or ‘Johnny Gaddar’!
• Don’t just have a one script, but at least three.
• You’ll be known as a director only after your second film.
• Don’t gun for your kind of film (unless it is in the above mentioned genres) till you are in a position to do so.
• Stop jerking off… and write that bloody script NOW!
admin
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Make a feature film. NOW!

Post by admin »

bingo Vikram!

producers want to invest in directors for at least three films. so they want to see you carrying that kind of material. if you have something liek 10 script IDEAS, you can excite the producer enough to sign you on!

Bheja Fry is a prime example of what a comedy can do. its apparentlt doner business worth 12 crores. which producer wont love that?