Time Code Calculator for Windows

Discuss post and share editing resources here
Paramvir Singh

Time Code Calculator for Windows

Post by Paramvir Singh »

The Timecode Calculator is a free & very simple Windows application which lets you quickly add, subtract, and do basic time conversions with SMTPE timecodes:

Just enter a timecode in Time 1 and Time 2, then use Plus or Minus to show the result in the Result box below. You can then hit the "Copy" button to copy the value to the clipboard.
This application will also convert oversize values to the proper time. For instance, if you want to figure out how much time 250 frames will take, enter 250 in the ff box for Time 1. Click Plus or Minus (doesn't matter which) and the result will tell you that 250 frames = 00:00:08:10 (or 8 seconds and 10 frames). This works for seconds and minutes also - e.g., 80 minutes + 80 seconds + 250 frames = 01:21:28:10, or 1 hour, 21 minutes, 28 seconds and 10 frames.

I wrote this tool for when I'm working with Flash, Premiere or a 3D application, I often need a very quick & simple way of adding / subtracting time properly, or converting a large number of frames to an equivalent hh:mm:ss:ff value. I hope you find it useful.

For those of you who need more features and the ability to multiply / divide timecode, there are a number of more advanced calculators available on the web (some free, some not.)