looking for the site owner

USe this board for general discussions of any type. Its like the chai and talk at the canteen
jabeen

looking for the site owner

Post by jabeen »

Hi, all

This is a really nice site! I'm glad to be here - in a space dominated by people younger than me rather than oldies from the 1970s.

I want to contact the person/s who run this, but that information seems to be hidden! Please help...

Jabeen
Aravindan

Re: looking for the site owner

Post by Aravindan »

Hi Jabeen,
Welcome on board. It will be wonderful to have some experienced people around. Anyway, u look younger than most of us. I had also joined recently. I think this site is being administered by none other than Param...let me see whether I earn brownie points for my guess..
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

Hi Jabeen! Welcome aboard!
Yes, I have been running this site with the help of all of us from the Institute.
Aravindan gets brownies and points for guessing who's admin!
And yes, we need lots and lots of experienced folk like you on the site! Please help us!
P
jabeen

Post by jabeen »

Haha! "Experienced" is a nice way of putting it, but you guys don't need to be so polite!

Glad to make more friends

Jabeen
Mandar

Post by Mandar »

hi jabeen
nice to see you here
welcome
;D
Batul

Post by Batul »

Hi Paramvir,

I think Jabeen has already spoken to you about this. But anyway, shall do it again.

As you know, we've been trying to get the GraFTII site off the ground. We've been a bit stuck because it had been launched by GraFTII a couple of years ago, with a company of webdesigners who haven't been very reliable.

Anyway, wanted to know how you have worked out this site? What did it cost you? Where do you host it, etc? And could you help us with the GraFTII site?

What we'd really like is a redesign. And also a site which we can maintain ourselves, rather than relying on a bunch of webdesigners.

Would appreciate your response.

:)
Batul

Post by Batul »

Could you ask your programmer to look at our site, and give us a quote for maintaining it.

Some of the tasks that come to mind are:

1.Home page image management
2. Home page quotes management
3. Resizing of members’ new or updated photos
4. Management of the photos in the photo album
5. Addition / Editing / Deletion of ezine pages
6. Addition / Editing / Deletion of links on the New Links page
7. Graftii forum maintenance
8. Ad banners placement and maintenance

We also want to design a new, more informal and brighter look, but we may go in for that only after we start getting in some ads.

The company that has set up the site is asking for 3000/- a month to maintain it.

We'd like to get someone more reliable.

Thanks.

Have sent you a PM too, but there's some confusion on my control panel, so am not sure whether you've received it or not, hence this cross-post :)