Don MAzer of Borat is hot property

Discuss Scriptwriting techniques and stuff here
Paramvir Singh

Don MAzer of Borat is hot property

Post by Paramvir Singh »

read this somewhere on the net
And if such a film were to ever exist, I'm sure it would be hysterical. Following the success of Borat: Cultural Learnings of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan, co-writer, producer and longtime Sacha Baron Cohen collaborator Dan Mazer is now officially a hot property in Hollywood. In fact, he's exactly where Judd Apatow was following The 40-Year-Old Virgin -- looking to capitalize on the gigantic box office blockbuster he just happened to stumble into. So, it would be fitting for these two gents to team up on a project, and that's exactly what's about to go down. Yay for us? Or yay for them? Yay for everyone!

Mazer has signed a deal with Universal to write and make his feature directorial debut on a new comedy, to be produced by none other than Judd Apatow. Of course there's no word on what the project will be about, save for the bland description of "broad, out-there comedy," but I imagine it has the potential of being one helluva fun time. Mazer will also be working with Cohen on his follow-up to Borat, Bruno, and has written (and produced) for Da Ali G Show and Dog Bites Man. When asked what he thought about all the success that has followed Borat's big-screen debut, Mazer summed it up perfectly by saying, "It's an absolutely incredible thing, that a man who dangles his testicles in another man's face can be looked at for an Oscar nomination in the same film." But see, that's why this is such a great country.

Mazer plans to begin work on his script once he finishes a re-write on the Fox comedy New Year's Steve. No word yet on casting, but I assume since he has such a tight relationship with Cohen, the man will be showing up in either a cameo appearance or a main role. Yay or nay?