Slum dog Millionaire

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

Slum dog Millionaire

Post by bakulmatiyani »

Hmmm.... I was waiting for this one to release since a while, the opening sequence blew me away the kids playing cricket getting chased by cops superb music in that seq. But everything from then on was quite down hill. Frankly i was quite disappointed. The film seemed to lack a consistent pace, things were happening in a very erratic fashion. The song "jai ho" getting nominated for the oscars makes me think about how seriously one should really take the awards anymore, neither that song nor the film is worthy of an oscar nomination. Both Boyle and Rahman have done much better work in the past. This film getting nominated for so many awards seems nothing more than a marketing ploy. but all this aside the film is a definite one time watch.
stalker

Re: Slum dog Millionaire

Post by stalker »

you are right bakul sir... its a good film, but over hyped. not rehman's best music definitely!
also lots of loose ends, as in why does anil kapoor try to mislead jamaal, something which is explained in the book, but not in the movie. jamaal and salim (i forget the brother's name) dont look like brothers at all. perhaps they are 'muh-bole' bhai...

sorry, but there is supposed to be a ban on me, since I am not displaying my name. but I am there everyday under the old sound studio... >:D