Audio options for hybrid cameras

Discuss the Audio resources here and share them with us...
Paramvir Singh

Audio options for hybrid cameras

Post by Paramvir Singh »

As many and many still cameras support high definition video, and with a legacy of good lenses and imaging support, these cameras are slowly being used in some production pipelines.

Here's an interesting article for using audio options on such hybrid cameras.
Jon Fairhurst of P3Pictures has done quite a study on audio options for hybrid cameras. Although P3Pictures uses a Canon 5D Mark II for its testing, at least some of their conclusions could apply to other hybrid cameras, including the Canon 7D, Panasonic Lumix GH1, and others yet to be released. P3Pictures’ goal with these scientific tests is to find the most professional quality sound, with mid-priced equipment. In all tests, P3Pictures uses the M-Audio Microtrack II, Zoom H4n, BeachTek DXA-5D, and the juicedLink CX 231. The first test is done with a closely placed shotgun mic. The second test uses a camera-mounted shotgun. The third test is with a wireless lavaliere microphone. Part 4 is foley recording, and Part 5 explores the noise floor of each option. Part 6 are P3Pictures’ conclusions
Saihmee Dara Singh

Re: Audio options for hybrid cameras

Post by Saihmee Dara Singh »

I think for having world class audio we cant refer to these articles they are just references for things and how to go about things here in bharat.have we ever wondered about why we are not able to achieve great sound(apart from a lot of cinema sound till 70's) ...ground noise in india is a subject matter of study in it self....we have horrible ground noise...i personally think camera work has reached world standards in india........Sound still cant reach at 340.29m/s................. i need answers to this... O0
Paramvir Singh

Re: Audio options for hybrid cameras

Post by Paramvir Singh »

hahah, thats a queston thats best answered by an qualified audiographer, like you.

I only found these links and posted them. But yes, ground noise is a ground reality.