Resul Pookutty Scholarship

General Discusssions for Audiography
Saihmee Dara Singh

Resul Pookutty Scholarship

Post by Saihmee Dara Singh »

At the recent IIFA awards the Resul Pookutty Scholarship was announced.It goes something like this:

International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) has collaborated with Oscar winner Resul Pookutty to launch an annual scholarship .

The Scholarship will sponsor a Audiography student of the institute i.e FTII(Pune)

The winner would be jointly chosen by Resul along with FTII officials every year. The selected sound engineer would receive $ 5,000 and a six month internship with Mr.Pookutty.

"We will give scholarship to a deserving candidate to gain knowledge about technical aspects of filmmaking. It is an initiative to help a keen learner and it is also an effort to promote technical talent in cinema," Pookutty, who is at the International Indian Film Academy (IIFA) awards, told reporters at a press conference.

Very nice Initiative .With such high fees for our courses now i Hope it really helps the deserving and needy student....Cheers O0
Paramvir Singh

Re: Resul Pookutty Scholarship

Post by Paramvir Singh »

hanks dara for letting us know and thanks a zillion, resul, for this!

lets talk about this more. most people i know, including many 'filmmakers' know so little about the importance of an audiographer ina film. mandar will vouch for this. someone just produced a full feature film and didn't know an audiographer was required. of course, now they are stuck in post, but i wonder if they realise the contribution sound makes to the whole story telling...
Saihmee Dara Singh

Post by Saihmee Dara Singh »

yeah param very right...our indian cinema has been always very dialogue centric which i dont think is wrong...but in the bargain no heed is paid to the sound design...i myself know 2 or 3 filmmakers who feel dialogues should be piercing loud irrespective of how the sound is designed...Sound Designers,Audiographers have to carve a niche for themselves if one has to break the mould....
otherwise its a verbose world.....CHEERS....

Mandy, kuch toh bol ::)
Mandar

Post by Mandar »

hmmm i really dont have anything to talk on this....we have been talking abt this here for a long time now....its just we are talkin....i wonder what others are thinking??? do they also feel the same or its just us or everybody else is comfortable..in whatever and however they are doing...?

i am really asking this to all.... especially students.....who are studying right now in FTII....
what is sound for them in their films.....?

AFTER such brilliant thing (SCHOLORSHIP ) i am really waiting for a reply...at least one from institute......
Avantika Nimbalkar

Post by Avantika Nimbalkar »

Hello there!

I am Avantika Nimbalkar, a "2nd year finished"and "3rd year abt to start" Audiography student in FTII. Well, I will not talk on everyone's behalf in the institute but will talk for myself.
The Resul Pookutty Scholarship is more than a happy news to me and I am sure for all the Audiograhy students in FTII. It is bringing abt a lot of hope and seriousness to our course in FTII and outside(atleast I hope so!) cuz when Resul won the Oscar nomination, I remember, me and my batchmates were happy that atleast now the Sound Dept in the instee will gain some seriousness and will improve. We didnt see much change. Then Resul won the Oscar. We were elated. Sound dept didnt change.Or maybe it did change a little for the better but I dunno how many will agree with me.There are problems in the sound dept like any other dept in the instee(to say that only sound dept has all the problems will be very unfair on my part). Now all we can hope is that after the announcement of the scholarship, things will change a little more and this thing will be considered seriously.Nevertheless, as for us, the current Audiography students in FTII, it is a very very good news and is giving us a lot of encouragement and is giving us all the boost we require to do well irrespective of what the circumstances are.

Regards,
Avantika Nimbalkar.
In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life.It goes on.
Robert Frost.