4 in one!!!

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

4 in one!!!

Post by bakulmatiyani »

Seeing as how the multiple films DVD's are becoming increasingly popular and I don't only mean the pirated ones; I mean the ones being marketed by moserbaer and the likes I have decided to make this one a multiple film review of all the films I managed to see this week (it's been a busy week).

TERMINATOR SALVATION: The name is nothing like the film. It barely manages to the audience interested long enough to actually enjoy any of it. High octane stunts and high end CG work does not manage to salvage any of the charming delusional paranoia of TERMINATOR 2 JUDGEMENT DAY. Christian Bale tries to deliver a performance in a franchise where none is required. It seems like everyone involved in the film started to take themselves too seriously and stopped having fun somewhere along the way. the film even throws in what seems like an Arnold look alike as a last ditch effort to woo the audience... but even that ends up looking silly. Only watch if you are a die hard action films or Terminator series junkie.

NEW YORK: Music montages interspersed with scenes or scenes interspersed with music that is the question? The film is nicely shot; interesting angles and movement but seems about half an hour too long for a film with no song and dance. The everlasting friendship between the three seems to go on for an eternity. John Abraham has charisma that makes one want to look at him and Katrina Kaif sails through smoothly (I'm a guy i have certain biases, please do not hold them against me); the stumbling block is Neil Nitin who seems rather stiff. He seems to want to get rid of his dialogues as soon as possible least he forgets a line. But all said and done it is the first big budget film to release after the producers' strike which seems to have helped it's cause. The story and treatment is interesting but it fails to make an emotional connect like the one in Kabul Express. Watch it cause the only two Hindi film options are Paying Guest and New York and here the choice is a no contest in favour of New York.

BOLT: Ok its cute in parts i did laugh in bits but its nowhere near the quality that audiences have become used to from PIXAR and DISNEY. The 3d part is waste and is not utilised at all. All in all its a passable film, watch only if you have time to kill and no expectations.

HANGOVER: This film has turned out to be the surprise of the week and has definite repeat value too. It's a comedy with not one rather many twists. The film keeps the audience guessing as to what kind of moronic self inflicted pain the bunch of guys has managed to put themselves through and HOW have they done it. A plateful of interesting characters, dialogues that are snappy, bland, sarcastic, rhetorical, spiteful, downright insipid yet funny as hell and keep the viewers craving for more. So much so that producers in India are already trying to buy the rights to the film for a remake in Hindi, (its going to take one hell of a dialogue writer to pull this one off in Hindi) best of luck with that one. A must watch on the screen don't wait for the 4 in one DVD enjoy the ride.
antara

Re: 4 in one!!!

Post by antara »

Nice, Bakul.

To add to your list the one film I managed to see (in the theatre) for the first time in seven months, turned out to be such a damp squib- "Ice Age 3". The 3D experience was bilkul NG for me. The 3D glasses were unwieldy and painful and I couldn't wait to take them off (plus we had to return them in the end- so cheap yaar!).
The makers have totally lost the plot with Scrat and the acorn. That for me killed half the fun.
Paramvir Singh

Post by Paramvir Singh »

*duh*

i havent seen any of these. I saw 'Miller's Crossing' and 'Manhatten' (no, NOT New York)
amitraj1177

Post by amitraj1177 »

Well Bakul quite right when you say that Christian Bale was trying very hard but i think the other guy is good. Now he's coming in James Cameron's next AVATAR so that is something to look forward to definitely, as i read somewhere that Camerons kept postponing this film as the studios kept telling him that they don't have the technology yet to make the kind of special effects he had in mind... really can you believe that even after all the star wars and transformers we have seen to hear something like this really makes me wanna see it right now.
bakulmatiyani

Post by bakulmatiyani »

These guys are way ahead of us in terms of imagination and creativity i can't even imagine the kind of special effects that must be happening in JC's head. someone ought to come up with a technology that can directly plug in a directors brain to a projector and the audience can see it, THAT would really be fun. Can't wait to see his next.