Kurbaan; Ninja Assassin; Twilight

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

Kurbaan; Ninja Assassin; Twilight

Post by bakulmatiyani »

KURBAAN :o

I met 2 people who saw this film on a paid preview show and said they walked out at the intermission. Two days later three more said something similar and i was left wondering as to how bad a film can a good writer (read Renzil D'Silva) make? I finally managed to see the film yesterday. I don't know what it was, maybe the bad reviews lowered my expectations to such a degree that i really didn't think it was a film that one would walk out on, after-all there are many more vying for that coveted spot such as "blue", "kambkht ishq", "luck", "acid factory", "kidnapped" and the like; you get the drift. Then I thought to myself that if i can brave those films this really doesn't present as big a challenge as those films, though i have to admit that there were a few moments of pure horror in the film namely any time that Kirron Kher has any kind of dialogue oh and lets also not forget Vivek Oberoi's one and a half expressions no matter the situation he is in. Kareena Kapoor is by far the best performance in the film.

The film seems to be a case of a good plot made into a very average film. A very visible attempt has been made to try and depict a certain kind of mood by holding onto shots beyond what is required also there are a lot of extraneous shots which needn't have been there in the first place, because of this the film length suffers. It seems that the writer part of the director could not give up any part of what he put down on paper. The cinematography is good in parts, what is a pleasant surprise in the film is it's music which is quite nice but for some reason has not figured in the promotions very prominently. The background score has an international quality to it even if parts of sound strikingly similar to the "Bourne Ultimatum" OST but what the hell let call it inspiration.

Kurbaan does redeem itself towards the second half but by then most of the audience have given up. I'd say it's a one time watch if you are willing to make a 3 hour long commitment.

NINJA ASSASSIN
>:D

This time round I was one of the two people who went for the paid preview of this film and I'd like to come right out and say that this is not a film for those who cringe at the sight of BLOOD. The best blood bath film since the crazy 88 in "Kill Bill". The action is beautifully choreographed and well presented even though some may have trouble following the action at such break-neck speed and in the dark at most times lit only by a flashlight twirling here and there. This is a film i would recommend only to hardcore action film buffs. The lead character is played by a pop star turned action film star called RAIN... yes don't read it again; hindi translation BAARISH aka BARSAAT. The only thing the fairer sex can look forward to unless you are an action buff is the fabulously chiseled body of... yes RAIN. Don't go in expecting a lot and i promise you won't be disappointed; I recommend watching it.

TWILIGHT
:-*

This film screams out loud and clear CHICK FLICK, and how... read on. Even though it's a certified CF(chick flick) it does have more to offer for the butch, smelly and the hairy armed(read men). So guys this what you have to say if you get caught going in to or coming out the film, this is our story and we are sticking to it.

The film is really well shot, no I mean it really. Oh come on stop smiling I'm serious, honest. It's a well shot film the camera movement is fantastic and in keeping with the feel of the film and in fact adding to it, the music i.e. OST is quite nice and induces a lot of soul to the film. An interesting take on the age old vampire concept keeps the film from seeming jaded and stale.

Statuary Warning: The first half of the film may seem very slow even irritating at times, but put up with it and watch it for the cinematography.

Guys stick with the above mentioned points and you might even score some brownie point with the girl you take for the film.

PS: A chick flick with body hair. Enjoy.
Aravindan.G.P.

Re: Kurbaan; Ninja Assassin; Twilight

Post by Aravindan.G.P. »

High time you get paid for all those reviews...keep it up..
bakulmatiyani

Re: Kurbaan; Ninja Assassin; Twilight

Post by bakulmatiyani »

Don't worry your film is up next Ara... :) pls try and watch twilight. Your inputs on the cinematography would be greatly appreciated.