PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE; so was sitting through it!!!

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE; so was sitting through it!!!

Post by bakulmatiyani »

PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE

Haan haan judge sahab main filmon se pyaar karta hoon, haan main subah subah saat baje ke shows dekhne jaata hoon (dark knight) kabhee kabhee raat ko 3 baje tak kaam karne ke baad bhi aur kabhee kabhee mujhe Friday, Saturday aur Sunday raat ki 350 rs ki ticket le ke bhi film dekhnee padtee hai (3 idiots). Toh kya hua agar mujhe ye sab karne ke liye apne baap, girlfriend (thanks neha), aur doston (thanks tanu, captain, aseem, prakash and many others) se paise udhar lene padte hain main phir bhi zyada se zyada filmein dekhne ki koshish karta hoon. Agar yeh apraadh hai toh dheek hai mujhe PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE jaisee filmein manzoor hain, agar yahi meri sazaa hai to theek hai main chup chaap sar jhukaa kar PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE jaisee ghtiya, bekar aur be-sir-pair ki filmein tab tak dekhtaa rahoonga jab tak ke 3 idiots jaisee koi film phir se ticket prices badhaa nahin deti.

Yes this is the monologue I was thinking of while I was watching the above mentioned monstrosity which seemed like the most potent mix of 3rd degree and Chinese torture. From the word go the this (choke) film (ugghh…) is well laden with one moronic stupidity closely followed by another. And like I have already mentioned in mt facebook status to quote myself, “this film has set a benchmark for the worst film of the year 2010” and it will be hard to beat in that department.

The story (yeah right) revolves around a geek in love with a diva from his college. A geek who is smart enough to invent an Operating System to rule all operating systems of the world but stupid enough to leave it carelessly on his laptop for anyone with opposable thumbs and half a brain to steal it, no password encryption, no firewall. Really, what a smart geek ;) at this point all geeks in the hall (all ten of them) got up and left in protest leaving the rest of us holding fort. Now there are some 30 of us left in the hall on a Sunday night, wow!!!

This piece of cinema is extremely badly shot, has terribly predictable dialogues and situations, over the top acting by all involved, not a single song worth remembering (not to mention all songs are in English- NRI audience ki “jai ho”) and of course it has the forever being introduced Uday Chopra, I mean really the only way to launch him is into outer space. Priyanka Chopra (god knows why she did the film) makes a valiant effort to save the film and failed. The child is annoying to say the least but I guess she is meant to be so it seems they succeeded on that front.

The fact that the interesting scenes are the ones with Dino (in special appearance) is the real low point of the film.

So yeah this is how I chose to waste my Sunday night, if anyone else can come up with a worst Sunday night experience please feel free to comment on this er… review.
Vikram Srivastava

Re: PYAAR IMPOSSIBLE; so was sitting through it!!!

Post by Vikram Srivastava »

Thank you for the warning Bakul.
Rather you play Nirupa Roy and suffer it on our behalf than me.
For your selfless services, you may borrow money to watch films anytime. :)
Keep 'em reviews coming!
(Hope this shall continue once you are tied down. Else there are only 49 days left! Shudder!)