mile sur mera tumhaaraa... hardly.

USe this board for general discussions of any type. Its like the chai and talk at the canteen
bakulmatiyani

mile sur mera tumhaaraa... hardly.

Post by bakulmatiyani »

The first time i switched on the television on 26th Jan was at about 3 in the afternoon and was greeted by a baritone Amitabh doing to "Mile Sur" what he did years ago to "Kabhee kabhee" ; reciting the lines as poetry. from then on it was mostly downhill.

"Phir mile sur" was assault on my childhood memories of the orignal mile sur. Back then it was the first time my generation was exposed to a plethora of Indian artists, it was the first time i saw the vast cultural diversity of our country and felt proud of the fact that i was indeed one of these people. Those people in that video had an instant connect with it's audience. The great actors, musicians, dancers, people from every walk of life came together in a show of national integration.

This is exactly where "phir mile sur" has completely lost out. Instead of showing the real India, Indians and our country's culture it's showing bollywood personalities all and sundry. The spirit of our country is what is missing. What is sad is that the makers thought is that they can replace a Hema Malini standing under a tree in the rain singing "baadlon ka roop leke barse halke halke" by Deepika Padukone drenched in skimpy clothes and there many more such replacements which just do not work. The great artists have been replaced by STAR faces and size zero bodies.

This one just seems like the makers have gone out with the intent of trying to please everyone and anyone from filmdom. For me it's a sad state of affairs when an iconic song like "mile sur" is reduced to a mere PR exercise.

to enjoy the orignal:

Last edited by admin on Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: embedded the YouTube video