Shocking truth : Avataar copied from bollywood

USe this board for general discussions of any type. Its like the chai and talk at the canteen
vikchav

Shocking truth : Avataar copied from bollywood

Post by vikchav »

Rajesh Khanna breaks his silence, accuses James Cameron of his latest blockbuster Avatar being a copy of Kaka’s 1983 Bollywood masterpiece Avtaar.

He supported his argument with following proofs,

They copied the POSTER!
image001.jpg
image001.jpg (14.15 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

They even copied my paralyzed hand.
image002.jpg
image002.jpg (16.69 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

Shabana’s look, copied again.
image003.jpg
image003.jpg (24.43 KiB) Viewed 6024 times

CONTD...
"Movie is color, film is black and white, and cinema is with subtitles."
vikchav

Re: Shocking truth : Avataar copied from bollywood

Post by vikchav »

Do you need more proof...?
image004.jpg
image004.jpg (30.15 KiB) Viewed 6023 times
Aravindan.G.P.

Post by Aravindan.G.P. »

Hahaha...this is damn funny...but let me recollect something which I read in the magazine OPEN couple of issues back. This is an excerpt from an interview with Chandra Barot, the dude who directed the original DON. For more please follow the link below
http://www.openthemagazine.com/article/ ... -to-farhan

"Q Who are the filmmakers you admire?

A I am an Aquarian, and Aquarians are supposed to be futuristic people. People say Don was 20 years ahead of its time, and I feel very happy. I appreciate Spielberg for the simple reason that not just cinema, he succeeded in creating a world which till then was just in the thoughts of people. Today, kids don’t have to visualise what dinosaurs are. They can see it there in Jurassic Park. He made a film called Duel, with only two characters. It was unbelievable how he sustained the film with only two people, a car and a truck.

I admire James Cameron too. Once we were sitting at an awards function, and Raaj Kumar’s son Puru came and said, “Sir, tell me something. If I come to you with a script where, in a ship a passenger from the third-class falls in love with a lady from the first class and the ship sinks, would you make a film on it?”

What do you say Kaftan? what to make of this? Did Puru approach Cameron or Chandra?
bakulmatiyani

Post by bakulmatiyani »

did kaka really claim this or is it a figment of an extremely fertile mind ??? But also i must say the resemblance is uncanny, kaka really was way ahead of his times :)
vikchav

Post by vikchav »

of course KAKA is THE MAN who saw the future...future shock...whatever but give some credit to the highly underrated visionary director mohan kumar for this as well...the man behind the original AVTAAR...what cameron has done is that he has just taken the A from the fourth place in the title and placed it on the third...simple job isn't it...why else do u think that all the oscar's went to hurt locker...it ws a last minute decision when the guys at academy saw this case of serious plagiarism...one small clarification 'main kaftan nahi hoon bhai' >:D
Aravindan.G.P.

Post by Aravindan.G.P. »

Oops Sorry...I thought it was the Kaftan Vikram...