DA-BAANG

Write your own film reviews. Lets discuss what film-makers think of other films
bakulmatiyani

DA-BAANG

Post by bakulmatiyani »

Welcome to the greatest and most contemporary proof of STAR power overshadowing each and every aspect that goes in to making a film. Salman Khan no doubt has a massive following but i didn't really expect the film to out do 3 Idiot's BO opening, i guess now we all know who the current king of bollywood is.

The lesser said about the films story and presentation action sequences the better. Sequences and moves have been directly lifted from Transporter 3 and a popular French action film called District B13.

For some reason the filmmakers of our country tend to believe that all cities look glossy and all rural areas have a constant tobacco filter, so get ready to experience a story set on the other side of a tobacco filter.

The story of the film is similar to many 70's and 80's fly by the dozen films, but what sets this film apart from any one of those films is SALMAN KHAN. The audience just doesn't get tired of seeing him on screen every moment that he is on screen people are waiting with bated breath and i don't just mean adolescent boys and giggly school girls. My wife went into the theatre wearing the same shades that Salman wears throughout the film and got pictures clicked with the poster of the film with Salman towering over her and she is not a big Salman fan. But this is exactly what this film has managed to create, it has created the image of a loveable, straight talking, corrupt but yet humanitarian police officer that the audience is loving to the hilt. Add to all this hoopla the fact that Salman seems like he was really enjoying himself while doing this film and this seems to have filtered down to the audience. I was looking at the faces of various people in the hall and all of them had a smile on their faces whenever Salman was on screen.

All the songs in the film are very enjoyable, my personal favorite as opposed to the iconic “munni badnaam” is “humka peeni hai”. Some of the character actors have done a good job and are memorable. All the other senior actors are just about passable, the stellar cast line of Om Puri, Anupam Kher, Dimple and Vinod Khanna don’t really have much to do. Sonu Sood however does get his share of screen space and does a fair job, the surprise package however is the latest star child Sonakshi who has done a decent job and for once there is a leading lady who is not a size zero or minus one. She has a figure and a good one at that. In addition to which she has done a good job, it doesn’t seem like she had any pressure of this being her first film. The lyrics are raunchy and racy and do add to the flavour that the film is trying to serve up.

The film suffers from a serious WANTED hangover and the action looks similar albeit with a tobacco filter. The film’s second half seems to be a little draggy but besides that I’m not even going to try and get into the tech specs of this one simply because it doesn’t matter.

The good part about the film is it’s music, lyrics and Salman Khan.
The bad part is every time there is no Salman on screen.

Motto for this film is “don’t think, don’t watch; simply ogle and enjoy”

P.S. – On a more personal note this is a request to Ms. Sinha do not trade in for a size zero.