Rules and Regulations
1. The Gujarat international Film festival of India is a festival of short films. The competition will be held on 1st June 2013 at Surat, Gujarat, India.
2. The competition is open to all national and international participants.
3. All films must be submitted on VCD/DVD/MOV file for consideration of the selection committee, before 26th may 2013.
4. Each entry must be accompanied by a completely filled in entry form.
5. All entries must be sent to the GIFFI prepaid and insured for your own protection.
6. VCDs/DVDs submitted will be not be returned, except under extreme circumstances,$10 fee is needed for the return of the submission after the festival.
7. If selected for the festival, exhibition prints may be presented in either 35mm films, beta cam sp (Pal) video, digi beta (PAL) or high quality DVD, the festival will accept other formats on a cash by cash basis and subjects to a availability of equipment.
8. The selection of the Films for the GIFFI will be announced not later than 13th June 2013
9. Please notify to us by email, fax, of any changes of address. The festival committee reserves the right to accept or refuse any film without assigning any reason whatsoever.
10. The Gujarat International Film Festival of India reserves the right to use experts and pictures from the film for promotions and public relation purpose.
11. The film can be in any language, but it should be submitted in English or Hindi. If the language of the film is English or Hindi, it is not required to be subtitled.
12. Running time of the film should not be less than 3 minutes and should not exceed 30 minutes.
13. No refund of the travel expenses is provided for the participants attending the festival. festival will provide free lodging only for one day and only for one representative for each of the selected films.
14. Academy Award Trophy and the cash prizes awarded for all the competition winner in each category are similar.
15. Competition category (All films produced after 1st Jan 2010).
16. The films of any genre can be submitted for the competition.
17. The short film can be documentary, experimental, narrative, fiction, social, comedy, or animation. The original film may be produced on 35 mm,16 mm, HD,DIGI BETA , BETA SP,U-MATIC, DV, DVD but the film must be available on DVD for presentation or preview propose.
18. Each participants can send as many entries as he/she like, but with separate entry forms (you may copy or Xerox entry form), preview DVD, synopsis/description, still photographs, press kit should be enclosed.
19. All entry fees will be acceptable in American dollars for the international participants. Indians payments are to be made by sending cheque, money order , DD ,or international money order in the name of Bank of India A/c No: 275120110000203 payable to Dreamworks Digital Studio Academy for Multimedia and Creative Art, Surat (the later only for international entries).
20. All the amount collected by ticket/donation/pass would be utilized to help the AIDS victims, such profits obtained will be donated deducting the cost of event management.
21. The following prizes will given away as cash prizes for the Academy Awards. winning film makers ,Best Short Film, Best Director, Best Actor, Best Actress, Best child Artist, and Best Screen play writers Best cinematographer will be honored for their exceptional achievements and will receive Academy Awards, cash prizes, and certificates of participation.
22. Registration fees for professional filmmaker amateur, and students RS.1100 for Indians. For other Countries non Indians Professional film makers USD $25.
23. The entry fee for competitions must be paid/sent through money order/DD/cash/Master Card/ cheque in the name of Bank of India A/c No: 275120110000203 payable to “Dreamworks Digital Studio Academy for Multimedia And Creative Arts , Surat.”
24. The preview material should be addressed to:
Gujarat international Film Festival of India
(ACAAI)/Dreamworks Digital Studio
S-4, Suryoday Complex,Beside Regent Square D’Mart Mall.
Karan park Road, Adajan, Surat 395 009, Gujarat India.
25. Please write on the courier/Postal invoice :
“Gujarat International film festival of India selection purpose/cultural purpose only- not for
commercial use. No commercial value, value for customs purposes
should approximately USS $2 per film.
26. After selection, the promotional material of the film has to reach the festival office before 31st may 2013.
27. Participation in the festival implies acceptance of these Rules and Regulation.
28. Decision of the festival authorities regarding all matters not expressly provided for in these rules and regulations or which require interpretation of the clauses mentioned above shall be final and binding to all parties.